Let’s start how to create a Blog on WordPress. Your long time dream “How to Start a Blog” will come true today. 🙂
Congratulations! to start a WordPress blog. Starting a blog is the right way to step into the digital world as many successful bloggers have achieved their goals in the blogging world.
This guide has been made up for the people who don’t have blogging knowledge. Yes. This guide Create a Blog on WordPress is completely for beginners.
These simple steps to start a self-hosted WordPress blog Guide is suitable for anyone who want to start their blogger career. There is no specific knowledge or qualifications needed to become a blogger.
You could be anyone as 20 years old to 80+ , doesn’t matter to create a blog on WordPress as start your profession as a blogger.
Whether you can be a part-time employee, full-time employee, college student, Housewife, Retired or anyone. This detailed guide to create a blog with WordPress will make you a successful blogger.
Follow these simple steps one by one to complete your WordPress Blog to start make money blogging.
Our Guide towards ” How to create a Blog on WordPress” has step-by-step instructions with screenshots which will help you to save your time while creating a new WordPress blog.
WordPress.Org (self-hosted) is the one where you can customize your blog and do whatever you want to do.
Can’t do anything beyond the limitation in the WordPress.com.
We would strongly suggest you to go with WordPress.Org only.
What are the features of WordPress.com and WordPress.org?
How to Create a Blog on WordPress Platform?
No Technical-Knowledge required to create a blog on WordPress.
Follow the simple step-by-step guide to create a WordPress website or blog easily.
What do I need to Create a WordPress Blog?
- 1. Web-hosting Signup.
- 2. Select your Hosting Plan.
- 3. Select a domain name for your blog (like me… moneytells.com).
- 4. Do complete the hosting registration process.
- 5. Start Install WordPress.
- 6. Write your first blog-post and Publish.
That’s all. These are the points we’re going to cover prior to be a successful owner of a WordPress Blog.
Related: How Blogging is trending in India?
Step 1: Domain Name and Hosting
Domain Name : It’s an address of your blog or website (Mine is moneytells.com). Choosing the right domain name is the key to success in your blogging business.
Web Hosting : It’s a physical place of your website or blog. Web hosting allots a physical place for blog contents on internet. We can say that Web-hosting for blog is the storage place for your images, videos, text and anything available on your blog.
First of all, you need to buy your domain name and hosting prior to start your own blog. This page will guide you with all the trusted place to buy your domain and hosting services.
How to Choose a right Domain Name for your blog?
- Choose your personal name as your blog name if you’re going build a blog about yourself.
- Select your domain name mentioning any general topic,if you’re trying to build a website about any topic or niche.
- Make it very simple to type your domain name.
- Let your domain name pronounceable.
- Try to choose unique domain name, as some other blogger may get your traffic if the visitors mistakenly type another website.
- Domain name should be short in letters.
- Avoid using other’s slogan or trademarks.
- Your Domain name should have a meaning. So that Google will understand your contents.
- Using Numbers and Hyphens in the domain name will very difficult to pronounce and tell others.
Shall I get free domain?
Haha.. 🙂 Yeah. You’ll get free domain, though you’ll not control your domain name in all aspects.
Free Domain Name : moneytells.wix.com
Hosted Domain Name : moneytells.com
Look at above and tell me which domain name looks good. Yes. “moneytells.com” look good and you’re the blog owner of moneytells.com
Whereas if you see “moneytells.wix.com” is not your own blog or own website. “Wix” is the indirect owner of your website.
That’s what I would strongly suggest you to go for web-hosted domain name. (Bluehost offers Web hosting with free domain name)
I always recommend to go for .COM or .ORG domains which have good reach to the search engines and readers as well.
” You will get a free Domain Name in Bluehost along buying a Web Hosting Service”
Choose a Web Hosting for your Blog
Web-Hosting helps others to access your blog over internet. You can’t imagine your blog without a domain name and web hosting.
How Web Hosting Works and How important Web Hosting is ?
- User types website name in the browser.
- The Browser sends a request to Web-Server.
- Web Server or Web Hosting will receive the request from the browser.
- Now the Web or Hosting server will respond to the request.
- Now the Browser will show the Contents to the User on the browser.
I hope that now you’re clearly understand the need of Domain name and Web Hosting Provider.
There are many web hosting providers are available on net to sell you both Domain name and Web-hosting.
As we know that the “WordPress” is the number one Blogging Platform to start a blog easily.
I would strongly go with the best domain and web hosting provider Bluehost.
Bluehost offers a great deal as discount to the new bloggers as $4 / month.
As I requested to Bluehost with more discount for people from my website. They agreed and ready to go for $2.95 through this link.
One more great deal is you will get another free domain of your best choice for your blog.
It’s really to have a free choice-able domain name from Bluehost. You may use this free domain for future.
Why Bluehost is best for Blogging on WordPress?
- Bluehost is very affordable for just $2.95 (If go via this discount link).
- You will get a free domain name. You can choose your favorite domain name for this free domain.
- Bluehost is WordPress friendly.
- Doing few clicks will launch WordPress platform software and you will see a blog ready.
- Once your Blog is ready, now Bluehost is waiting for your blog to offer full performance stuff to get your blog ready with full of contents, images and videos.
- No Technical background need to install WordPress Blogging software.
- WordPress has great performance to boost your blog.
How to signup with the Bluehost Hosting for WordPress?
Now, we’re going to buy a WordPress hosting in Bluehost.
Get Started by Clicking Here and you will see the details of Bluehost Hosting Plans for WordPress.
You’ll see 4 Hosting plans. Those are,
- Choice Plus
As you may see through the image that Choice Plus has more features if you compare with other two.
If you need to add unlimited websites in future and if you need unmetered website storage then I would strongly suggest you to go with “Choice Plus“.
As a newbie, you just wanted to use this web-hosting for only one website then I would suggest you to go with “Basic” option to buy web-hosting.
Basic plan is good for the blog beginners.
After choosing the web-hosting plan, click on Select button to get start on.
Now you’ll see your next screen to provide new domain name and click on Next. (This Domain name is complete free for you).
I hope you’re happy with your Free Domain name by the Leading Web Hosting Provider.
Let’s complete the purchase by providing the account information and billing details.
If will need to select or unselect the option based on your need.
Now click on Submit to complete the purchase with Bluehost.
Step 2: Free WordPress Blogging Software for your Blog
There are many reasons behind that why we’ve chosen WordPress software for your blog.
- WordPress Software is user friendly.
- WordPress supported themes will allow you to change your current design with a single click.
- More than 1000 themes available for WordPress.
- No technical knowledge needed to handle WordPress.
- All latest features are in-built with WordPress.
- WordPress is SEO friendly.
- WordPress (sites) has built-in Blogs.
- Very easy to share on Social Media.
- WordPress updates available, Updates will done through single click.
- All leading search engines like WordPress.
- Google love very much the way WordPress Sites perform.
- Google also recommends WordPress.
- WordPress Sites Get high Page rank.
- WordPress pages are mobile responsive.
- Anyone can do a post.
- Plugins offer more functions.
- You’ll get 24X7 support from WordPress.
How to install free WordPress Software on your Blog.?
Just go back and remember that you’ve purchased Bluehost web-hosting with free domain name.
Now you might have received an email from Bluehost team with the steps that how to login into the Bluehost customer Area.
- Now Login into Bluehost.
- As this is the first time login with Bluehost and you’ll see a startup wizard which takes your to the WordPress Installation wizard to your new blog or site.
- Struggling to see the WordPress Setup Wizard – Don’t worry, I will help you.
- Open My Sites -> click on Create Site to start the WordPress installation wizard.
- Now you’ll be directed a place where you would need to provide the information for your blog, like.,
- Site Name
- User Name
- Two clicks will complete your WordPress software installation. Now you will be able to access your blog’s dashboard by just typing as,
That’s it. You will see the WordPress Dashboard now.
What’s next?… Start write your first Post / Niche Topic now.
Before get to know that how to write your first post, I will help you with the best topics to start a blog.
What are the blog Topics?
There are two kinds of people in the blogging platforms. Those are,
One category of people know that what they are going to blog.
Another category people do not have an idea about what topic to be picked in order to write a post.
I’ll help you people at my level best from my experiences.
Select a Topic which you are very interested.
Don’t choose any topic where you don’t have any knowledge and interests.
Do not select boring topics.
Below are the common topics to choose before your start writing a post.
- VIPs and Celebrities
- Your Story
- Your Life experiences (If it’s interested)
- Fashion related
- Beauty and Health
- Food and Cooking
- Car and Vehicles
- Historical Places
- Make Money
- All Pet Animals
- Career and more.
I hope that you’ll surely have knowledge on anyone of the above topics.
If I missed out something then please let me know in the comments sections. So that I will add those on my page.
Step 3: Write Your First WordPress Blog Post
I guess, you’re through with Domain name, Web-hosting and WordPress Blogging Software. What’s next?
Let’s write your first blog post about your favorite Niche / Topic.
Open WordPress as yourdomain.com/WP-admin .
Click “Add New”
WordPress Editor will open now.
You may start typing the contents.
Make sure that You’re typing in the Visual screen not in the Text screen as shown below.
If you want to add Media like Images and Videos along with the contents then Click on Add Media shown in the image.
Once you done with your contents then click on Save Draft and then click on Publish to visible your blog to others publicly.
Keep in your mind that visitors always look for About Me or About Us page to know about you and your blog. This is mandatory that your site or blog must have all those pages created on your blog.
Step 4: Change your Blog’s Appearance
Now you’re blog is completely ready to use. Though, you may like to change your appearance and looks of your website / blog.
WordPress Themes and Plugins come into the picture now to make your blog more attractive, SEO friendly and many more features.
What is a Theme?
Theme is a small program which will give great looks with layouts to your blogs.
I would suggest you to do not go for any paid themes as WordPress has more than 1000 free themes in-built.
Click Here to Download Free WordPress Themes.
How to Install or Change a WordPress Theme for Your Blog?
Open WordPress through yourwebsite.com/wp-admin
Hover to Appearance (If you’re OK with the pre-installed themes avail on WordPress, you may chance the available themes)..
If you want to Add New Themes (Premium Themes), then you need to show that where you’ve downloaded your favorite theme on your laptop or desktop.
It’s all based on you that,
If you like to use free themes from WordPress.org then you may login into WordPress.org and download the themes.
If you like to go with premium theme then you’re good to “Upload Theme” button.
Keep in mind that the best way to upload and change your theme is, use the .ZIP format file only.
Once you load your theme then you will ask for Install and Activate the theme.
Now you’re done well with your WordPress theme installation.
How to Customize WordPress Theme?
You do not need any special knowledge in Coding or something similar to that.
WordPress customize will help you to design or customize more about your blog or website.
Open WordPress Dashboard
Click on Appearance -> Customize
You’ll see the customization options for your blog in the left side.
You can see the changes as live in the right side.
Once you’re good with your Customization then click on Save & Publish to take effect of recent changes.
What is Plugin? How to Install a WordPress Plugin?
Plugin is a tool which offers more functionality to your website or blog.
Let’s see How do you Install WordPress Plugins?
Open WordPress Dashboard
Click on Plugin -> Add New
If you’re looking for a free plugin then search for it in the right side and select Install and Activate.
If you’ve purchased any specific plugin or premium plugin then you would need to click on Upload Plugin button.
Now You’re good to Upload the plugin in the .ZIP format.
Now click on Install and Activate button.
You need to use the same place for Plugin updates also.
Click Here to download your Free WordPress Plugins.
What are the must WordPress Plugins for all types of Blogs or Websites?
Your blog may be having any kind of Niches or Topics, but WordPress recommends some must have plugins to be installed.
- Google Analytics for WordPress
- Yoast SEO Plugin
- Jet-pack by WordPress.com
- Wordfence Security
So far, You’ve learned,
How to choose your domain name?
How to choose your web-hosting plan?
Installing WordPress software
What is Theme and Plugin?
How to write your first blog post?
Alright. You’re well set with your blog now.
How to get people to read your blog and what are the ways to make money from your blog.?
Step 5: How do you Increase your Blog Traffic?
Generally speaking, there are 2 types of traffic for Blogs.
1. Organic Traffic
2. Paid Traffic
1. Organic Traffic for your blog
You will not force anything to get Organic Traffic to your Blog. Yes. Organic traffic will happen through search traffic.
Organic traffic is happening through when an users types a keyword or question on the search page of the search engines like Google.
Google (Crawler) will analysis the related contents on the web (including your blog also) and will come up with the exact result. Now the user will click the blog or website to get the info.
From my experience, Organic traffic is always best to get real visitors to your blog.
2. Paid Traffic to your Blog
Getting traffic by forcing in the form of Advertisements or banner ads.
The popular paid traffics are Facebook, Twitter, Taboola, Outbrain, Google Adwords and much more.
You’re paying to any ad networks to get Paid traffic to your website or blog. Paid traffic is an option that you can pay and get traffic when you need it.
Let’s see the best ways to get more traffic to your blog.
1. Write Good Articles
2. Regular Updates in your posts
3. Crooslinks to your Older posts
4. Get Backlinks
5. Write more new posts
6. Target to the right people
7. Guest blogging to get quality backlinks
8. Write Good Headlines
9. Add more images and videos
10. Better keyword research
11. Add keyword in your post URL
12. Post body should have Keywords
13. SEO Practices
14. Proactive in the Discussions forums
15. Write a Viral Blog Post
Step 6: How to make money from your Blog Traffic?
Now, you are getting many visitors to your blog. Alright. You’re very happy now.
There are several ways to make money from your blog traffic.
1. Affiliate Marketing
2. Earn from Google Adsense
3. Make Money from Sponsored posts
4. Direct Ads
5. Sell Ad Space to the Advertising Networks
6. Selling eBooks & Selling leads to the companies
7. Selling Digital Products
8. Create a Podcast
9. Crating a Job Board
Yes. As a detailed article this guide help you the bloggers like you from the top to bottom.
I’ve given the detail from creating a blog to until make money from that blog. If you go through this article step by step, then you will surely get succeeded in terms of blogging business.
We’ve almost covered all the topics related to the blog, in terms of,
How to Choose a Web hosting with Domain Name,
Installation of WordPress software,
How to install Plugins and Themes
The proven real ways to bring traffic to your blog
How to make money from your blog traffic.
Hope. You’ve enjoyed reading this article ” How to Create a Blog on WordPress ” and you will start a blog today and will become a best blogger soon and make huge money from your blog.
Thanks for reading. Please share this article.
All the Best for your Blogging Business.